(sorry for the pun… I couldn’t resist…)
Dear Summer Fashion Strugglers,
Right now, it’s currently 80 degrees outside with humidity levels so high that I feel like I’m not walking outdoors….. but in fact swimming in the ocean. If I decide to be risky and wear makeup, it melts off within about 30 minutes of standing in heat. Picking my outfit for the day is a constant struggle between wanting to be fashionable and wanting to not sweat like I just finished a triathlon.
SO WHAT’S A GIRL TO DO!?
- Oil Blotting Pads: These suckers are miracle workers. $2.99 for a 24 pack from Walgreens. Because of these babies, I no longer worry that the shine from my forehead is going to blind people as I walk by.
- Big ‘Ol Sun Hats: Yes. Invest. Not only does it keep your face from those sun rays, but you’re going to look chic as all get out.
- High Pony Tails: If hats aren’t your jam, it’s time to rock the high pony tail. Personally, I like to curly my hair and then put my hair up. High pony tail + Curled hair = You tried AND stayed cool.
- Sandals: This feels like an obvious one, but invest in some cute sandals. Get your casual sandals, slightly above casual sandals, and then your classy wedge sandals. Life savers for every outfit occasion, friend.
- Flow-y Shirts: The picture with this post is a clear thin white shirt I got from GOODWILL! Pair it with a bralette and you’re good to go. I tend to steer clear of tight shirts (as cute as they can be), but tight shirts…even spaghetti straps…are a sweat trap.
Anyways, that’s all I got for you. I’m constantly trying to figure out how to not look like a dude or a sham-wow with this weather. If I figure anything else out, I’ll let ya know.
Do you have any tips and tricks?? Comment below!